|| Duration: 6 days
A program for those who wish to experience a real life adventure while learning jungle survival techniques in a motivational and instructive manner. This program will demonstrate tactical techniques both native and military, in order to obtain an effective performance in adverse situations. At the end of the program each participant will receive a Certificate of Survival Training.
- 7 am departure from the Amazon Explorer office by motocarro.
- Car from Iquitos to Nauta (1:30 hrs). Breakfast served.
- Private motorboat from Nauta to village (3 hrs).
- Canoe exploration and wildlife observation.
- Nocturnal excursion.
- Accommodation: Overnight in typical village house.
- Motorboat (3 hrs).
- Arrival to designated area, begin instructional training.
During these days we will do the following activities:
- Information will be given about the Amazon region.
- Survival principles.
- Construction of individual shelters.
- Personal protection.
- Awareness of the area.
- Orientation by compass and natural signs.
- Use of natural resources (Techniques of finding water, and using the natural foods of the area).
- Proper use of a machete.
- Methods of making a campfire under extreme conditions.
- Construction of a "Barbacoa" (observatory platform assembled in trees).
- Construction of traps to catch animals.
- Improvised fishing.
- Construction of individual rafts and floatation devices.
- Identification of harmful animals, plants and insects.
- Identification of animal footprints and tracks.
- Day and night hikes in search of wildlife.
- First Aid.
- Overnight in jungle sleeping in the self-built shelters.
- In these days we will eat self collected food.
- Return to the village. Lunch served.
- Private boat back to Nauta (3 hrs).
- Car from Nauta to Iquitos (1:30 hrs).
- Arrival at Amazon Explorer office (7 pm).
- Certificate Presentation.
Services include: Transfer from Iquitos airport, all land and river transportation, private boat, native guides, and Certificate of Jungle Survival Training.
Materials: Mosquito nets,
Amazon Explorer provides financial support for the village .